1. We will endeavor to perform your work with care and professionalism according to the appropriate authority’s requirements, and the interests of end-users. If our professional judgment is not followed, we should provide an explanation as to the likely risks and consequences.
2. In our professional capacity we should have regard for the public health, safety and environment.
3. We should have regard for the rights of third parties, including professional colleagues or members of ‘the public’ who might be affected by a managed services project.
4. Within our area of professional expertise we will have knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, regulations and standards, as well as comply with such requirements. In the international context, we should be aware of, and understand, the requirements of law specific to the jurisdiction within which we are working, and, where relevant, to supranational legislation (i.e., EU legislation).
5. We will conduct our professional activities without discrimination against clients or colleagues.
6. We will avoid any situation that may create a conflict of interest between us and our client. We will make full and immediate disclosure to them if any conflict is likely to occur.
7. We will reject any offer of bribery or inducement.
8. We will not disclose or authorize to be disclosed, or use for personal gain or to benefit a third party, confidential information except with the permission of our appropriate authority, or at the direction of a court of law.
9. We will not misrepresent or withhold information on the performance of products, systems or services, or take advantage of the lack of knowledge or inexperience of others.
10. We will uphold the reputation and good standing of the the managed services profession in general, and will seek to improve professional standards through participation in their development, use and enforcement.
11. We will act with integrity in our relationships with professions with whom we work in a professional capacity.
12. We will have regard for the possible consequences of our statements on others. We will not make any public statement in our professional capacity unless we are properly qualified and, where appropriate, authorized to do so.
13. We will seek to upgrade our professional knowledge and skill, and will maintain awareness of technological developments, procedures and standards which are relevant to our field, and encourage our subordinates to do likewise.
14. We will not hold ourselves out as an expert in an area where we are not. We will only offer to do work or provide a service that is within our professional competence.
15. We will accept professional responsibility for your work and for the work of colleagues who operate under your supervision.